Happy 4th of July!
Jul 4th, 2011
In honor of Independence Day, we bring you some patriotic fun. For us, July 4th means anything red, white and blue. There’s something about 4th of July that is so fun, with all the barbeques, hot dogs, and parades, It’s easy to see how a wedding on this holiday in particular would be extra festive! Add a little Americana pride to your day with these patriotic DIY red, white and blue pinwheels, perfect for a 4th of July Wedding or your own backyard barbecue!
Photo Source: stylemepretty.com
-Patriotic scrapbook paper. Get double sided if you can, otherwise get a few different patterns.
-Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks or double sided tape
1. If you couldn’t find double sided paper, adhere backs of scrapbook papers together so you have one sheet with a different patriotic pattern on each side.
2. Cut paper in 8 square inches.
3. Fold squares in half diagonally to create a triangle and crease. Fold diagonally again the opposite way and crease.
4. Open triangle up and flatten out the square.
5. Cut along each diagonal fold 3/4 of the way to the center.
5. Pull the tip of ever other corner towards the center and secure with the double sided tape or hot glue. Use double-sided tape or white craft glue to adhere the first tip to the center, then each folded-in tip on top of each other. When you’re done, you should have a pinwheel shape.
6. Secure a star sticker to the center of the pinwheel!
Once you’ve made your pretty patriotic pinwheels, place them in a tin bucket for fun and colorful centerpiece!
Photo Source: kinsereventcompany.blogspot.com
Or top off deserts with a pinwheel for an cute (and yummy!) treat!
Photo Source: hostessblog.com
Enjoy your holiday!