Inspiration: Purple and Orange
Jun 22nd, 2011
We are absolutely loving this fabulously vibrant color scheme for wedding decor. The bright, fiery orange combined with intense, deep purple are so striking together. Reminiscent of a beautiful summer sunset, this gorgeous color combination creates endless design opportunities, from the wedding stationary to the floral arrangements. These lush, romantic colors would be absolutely perfect for a summer wedding at dusk.
Make your own gorgeous blumeboxes, as seen on ideasinblume.com, with our guide below for a great way to incorporate this color combo into your decor!
8″ white blumeboxes
orange satin ribbon
orange and white paper
stamp with design of your choice
1. Cut a 2” square of orange paper. Glue halfway down onto the front of the blume box.
2. Paste orange satin ribbon lengthwise onto the blumebox. Paste any excess ribbon onto the bottom and inside of the box so it won’t be seen once the flowers are in.
3. Cut out 1.5” square of white paper.
4. Press the stamp firmly into the purple ink. Once stamp is fully covered, stamp design onto the white square.
5. Once ink dries, paste white square over the orange ribbon, on top of the orange square. Ruche ribbon a bit in the center.
6. Insert purple and orange flowers, like lilacs and orange roses, and wa-la! Gorgeous bloomboxes that make perfect take-home wedding favors.
Another way to incorporate these gorgeous colors is on your bridal party. This stunning Jenny Yoo dress in terracotta is available in sizes 4 and 6, and would look fantastic with a bouquet of plum and light purple blooms.
This classic J Crew “Erica” dress in spiced-wine is another great option, and would look perfect with a big orange statement ring or a bouquet with orange accents.
Add a bit of sunset to your wedding decor with this unique and vibrant color combo!
Photo Sources: invitation- w-weddinginvitations.com; two bridesmaids pictures- boards.weddingbee.com; cake- bestcakes.blogspot.com; centerpiece- brideorama.com; flowers- intrigue-designs.blogspot.com; decorations- colordrain.blogspot.com; dress with sash- tastefullyentertaining.blogspot.com; bride with orange shoes- loisvictoria.blogspot.com.